2019 Collegeville Workshop on Sustainable Scientific Software (CW3S19)Series: Technical Sessions and Meetings
The goal of this workshop is to bring together community leaders and practitioners in scientific software for the purpose of identifying the challenges and priority research direction for improving the sustainability of scientific software. We want to explore, characterize and articulate scientific software practices from industry, research labs and academia and identify common requirements and essential differences in these communities.
We will write a workshop report to describe our findings and articulate research priorities that will advance the sustainability of scientific software, especially toward better usability across industry, lab and academic institutions. We anticipate that the diverse experience of the workshop attendees will lead to a deeper awareness and understanding of how the represented communities can benefit from collaboration, coordination and complementarity.
- Mike Heroux (Sandia National Laboratories and St. John’s University)
- Eric Bavier (Cray, Inc.)
- David Bernholdt (Oak Ridge National Laboratory)
- Rinku Gupta (Argonne National Laboratory)
- Jacob Hemstad (Nvidia Corp.)
- Daniel S. Katz (University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign)
- Sarah Knepper (Intel Corp.)
- Elaine Raybourn (Sandia National Laboratories)
- James Willenbring (Sandia National Laboratories)