Interoperable Design of Extreme-scale Application Software (IDEAS)
IDEAS is a family of projects addressing challenges in software development productivity and software sustainabilty in computational science and engineering on high-performance computers.
- New report: Advancing Scientific Productivity through Better Scientific Software: Developer Productivity and Software Sustainability Report, January 2020
- Explains the IDEAS approach, outcomes, and impact of work (in partnership with the ECP and broader computational science community).
- Colormapping Strategies for Large Multivariate Data in Scientific Applications is the next webinar in the Best Practices for HPC Software Developers series (August 12, 2020). [Information and registration]
- How to Make Teams Tick is the next panel in the Strategies for Working Remotely series (August 27, 2020). [Information and registration]
To receive announcements of future events, please subscribe to our mailing list.
Find out more about IDEAS, including our overarching vision and objectives.
Find out more about specific projects in the IDEAS family.
- IDEAS-Classic was sponsored by the DOE Office of Science, Offices of Advanced Scientific Computing Research (ASCR) and Biological and Environmental Research (BER) to address issues of software productivity and sustainability in the Office of Science computational science and engineering community, with a particular emphasis on Terrestrial Ecosystem Modeling.
How you can help us grow the community of practice in scientific software development. Including how to contact us.